Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nanny Network

I am now on a regular basis hanging out with Matilda (an au pair from Sweden), Adina (the Rumanian au pair), and Ula (a nanny from Poland). Those are the girls I am going out with TOMORROW and wow I can't wait!

SIDE NOTE: an Au Pair is live-in, a Nanny just works for the family

Matilda and I usually end up meeting up everyday at about 1 - 3 because that is her down time and we grab coffee or explore. She is an au pair for 2 little girls as well Mia and Anna. Mia is in Olivias classroom and she and Liv are the only two girls on the football team that happens every Wednesday (PS. they have very attractive coach). Anna is 3 and she plays with Bell everyday in the park. Matilda and I get along very well and her English is amazing so we have no problems there...

On Wednesday we went and watched the girls play football and it was really nice. I found it funny as I sat there because I felt like I was being prepped to become a sweet Soccer MOM! (not that motherhood is on my mind lol).

I forget sometimes how innocent and interesting children are... they are so nieve and curious and have no fear in asking a "silly" question. A cute example I was telling Liv last night about Toby (my parrot) and how he was an African Grey. She was very intreged in the fact that he spoke English and asked why... and I said because at home we speak England and he learns what we say. Then she asked "Does he speak African too?"

Its so nice having friend here and we bond so well because they are all Au Pairs and know what were going through. Every morning Bell, Anna, Matilda and I go to the park after dropping of Liv and Mia. Then every day after school we all go back to the park and Ula and her 2 girls join us. Its nice not only for us Au Pairs but for the girls as well... they have other people to play with there own age etc. We are kinda like a small Nanny Network. Today I had Mia over for tea until 6 and then another day Matilda will take Liv. Although this is Ula's last week with her family because she is starting school, she lives in a town close by with her boyfriend and a new nanny with take her place. She is Austrailian and 21! I really excited to meet her because she will be the only one other than myself whos native language is English!

Finally, the other great thing about nanny networking is everyone is from a different part of the world... thus I have a sweet hook ups all over. Matilda is going home on two different occasions and has already extended a warm welcome!

I will post again Saturday... probably bitter and hungover because I promised Liv I'd take her Skating as her postive reinforement reward, and since she in school during the week, I have to do it on my TIME OFF =P

Cheers

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn so glad to hear that you have found some girls to hang out with it makes your life alot more fun and easier. Glad to hear no babies are in the near future.
xoxomom

Dina said...

Sounds like a great time! It's awesome that you've made friends you can relate to! That would definitely make it easier on you!
Have a blast partying with them! I'm excited to hear about it!

Unknown said...

Great to hear you have hook-ups for other places to visit!!!