Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Midday Assistant


(thats an image from Sunday at the Thames Festival, its a view of the London Eye - take note Cassie)

I have EXCITING NEWS... that most of you don't know, I am in the middle of getting a part time job at Olivia's school as a midday assistant!

A midday assistant is someone who basically does lunch duty. I'm incharge of courtyard duty as well as the lunch room duty. I am there with the students from 12:00 - 1:30. Today I did a shadow day with a woman who thought she was queen of the courtyard, slightly ripping all the other parents or community members who do this job. So I get about 12 pounds a day 5 days a week... which is sweet because I wasn't going to get a part time job because I wanted my weekend free so this is the best of both world, and I am employee by the London school board with is great for me C.V.

So today I was helping out some students at lunch and we had a yogurt explosion... so I was helping a boy clean of his sweater but we decided to take it off because he had a golf shirt underneath. He left but then returned because we noticed there was some on his trousers, I said well we will have to wash that off because we can't take off your trousers and he was like "No, then they'd see my penis" aww it was so cute, hahaha I LOVE KIDS!

As I was on my duty I was just observing that there are NO FAT KIDS in England... there was the occasional cute chubby child but no fat kids like we have in North America! It was crazy I had never even noticed this until that moment, and it may sound like an odd observation but its kinda shocking once you think about it.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL WHO CARE: I TALKED TO SARA AND SHE HAS NOW SAID THAT I FOR SURE GET TO COME HOME AT CHRISTMAS AT LEAST FOR 10 DAYS AND WE ARE STILL WORKING ON 14 ... AND IF ITS 14 I GET TO MAKE THE WEDDING, CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS!!!


WOOT WOOT

I will keep you posted on the job :)
Life here is working out great... minus the whole in my heart for all of you <3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you will be making lots of money. Does this mean you will be buying your ticket home at Christmas.
momxox

Unknown said...

If you sre making more money...You can pay off ur loan faster...!!!