Friday, September 5, 2008

Lost in Translation


Sara told me that she wanted me OUT of the house today, which at first made me kinda irratated because it made me feel like she believed I was a loser who just hung out here. So at first I wasn't going to go out and I was going to continue on with my regular day which consists of (nap, read and TV) BUT I decided I'd go on my first double decker bus adventure to find me some Wellies (known in Canada as Rain Boots).

So off I went... I caught the 179 bus and got TOTALLY lost, I took the bus all the way to the end of its line and then finally got directions for the bus driver. He was a very kind man and could obviously tell I was a newb and he helped me out. However he told me to go back and catch the W19 bus... well that bus never came and my time was running out because I had to pick Liv up from school so in my pathetic WET state I got back on the 179 bus and went home. Sara enjoyed my adventure a little more than I did and she laughed because I was suppose to get on the W13 bus all along... which I knew but I made the mistake of thinking the W19 and the 179 were the same bus and SURPRISE SURPRISE they weren't. However, now that I learnt that I will take the same trip again on Monday (hoping that it won't rain to much this weekend... my runners are slowly drowning to death) and get the W13 bus all the way to Matlan's (the Wellies store).

After the day I had one would think it wouldnt turn around... especially after the week I've had with Liv... BUT she was great today... and actually has been getting much better after the first few days of school. We made homemade pizza together which was fun and Bell and Sara went to the grocery store. She even went as far as setting the table up all nice with bamboo and asking her mom if she needed any help bring in the groceries!

(the picture is of us and one of the two pizzas we made)

Its really funny how much she has taught me about England. Since she is only 6 I don't mind asking her what new words are... or even when were reading a story since they are all English authors she knows what some words are that I don't even know! All thought we some times don't see eye to eye the good times with Liv are nice :)

Tomorrow I'm off to Covent Gardens to go SHOPPING... hopefully girls I can find out travelling t-shirt! I might even catch the tube with a new friend, since I got my new cell phone up and running I am a socialite!

I'll take lots of picture,
Have a good weekend everyone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn glad to hear your day ended better than it started. The pizza picture made me hungry. Good luck with your hunt for the t-shirt.
xoxomom