Sunday, September 14, 2008

Girls Night Out & Thames Festival


(above is a picture of my nanny network left to right: Ula, Adina, Matilda, Spikey the Farrot and ME!)

Friday Night after work I went out with the other nannies. It was a great time we went to Ula's house and pre partied and then headed to a local pub before we were going to go to a club. However... we never made it to the club because since Matlida and Adina are only 18 and 20 they dont have much experience drinking. Thus the later portion of my night was spent covered in vomit and taking care of a few drunk ladies. Now that is the PG version of the story because the entire story envolves me waking up a few host families for help as well. But looking back on the night I still see it as fun because it was really nice getting out with the girls. I'm sure we will make it to a club at some point but for now we just made it to the parking lot... does that count?

On Saturday because of the reward system I created I had to take Livy skating. We had fun tho we went from 14:00 - 16:00 (just to give you a bit of the struggle I face daily since every clock here is 24hrs!). I have never seen an ice rink like this they had a DJ and lights and a disco ball we only have that for roller rink back home and even those get closed down due to the occasional shooting! Then Saturday Night I stayed in as well because I was babysitting, but I didn't mind, I had hardly any sleep from the night before. Thats one thing I hate... that even on weekends here I dont get to really sleep in because my room is outside of the kitchen so when the family wakes up at 8 or so they are all I can hear =P

(above is a picture of Southwark Cathedral, which I stopped at to have some ice cream)

Today I went to The Thames Festival... it is once a year and runs from Westminster Bridge to the Tower Bridge. It was really cool im so tired from walking but it was nice. There were tons of booths of people selling thier art and crafts. I picked up a few Christmas and Birthday presents and I know its early but the stuff was super cool and I was supporting independant artists! I stopped along the way and tried my first cold cidar. It was nice it was nothing I could drink a lot of. Today the weather is beautiful here and so after walking it was nice to sit down under and tree and have a drink and read. I stopped for a minute to think about the fact that I was drink in public and it was socially acceptable! I countiued my walk and caught the next tube at the London Bridge station. On my way I saw the Tate Modern Art Collection and I will definitly be going back to that!

Tonight Matilda and I are going back to the Festival and catching the fireworks that are on tonight. We are hopefully going to meet up with her Sweden friends which will be nice because she is like my friends back home and so I hope her friends are as well :)

I will hopefully get some pictures and post them on facebook.
Have a good week everyone <3

3 comments:

Dina said...

Haha...sounds like you had an interesting night out. I enjoyed the PG version, but you'll definitely have to fill me in on the rest! LoL
The reward system seems like such a great idea! I'm glad it's working for you!
Can't wait to catch up with you again! xo

Unknown said...

Well i'm glad to hear your actually reading..and what'd ya buy 4 me???

Unknown said...

The photo of you and your new friends reminds me so much of you in a photo with your KW friends. Nice to see.
momxoxo