Monday, September 1, 2008

Cheeky Monkey

Today was Olivia's last day before school starts tomorrow so Sara asked me to work extra so we could do something special as a treat... we were going to go Ice Skating!

BUT...

Since summer is ending and everything is changing for her, Olivia has been having a wee bit of trouble listening and behaving, so this morning she was once again testing her limits and she went to far and skating was taken away (not by me... but i agreed 100%). So instead after she calmed down we went to the park, the post office, the local store and the library. All and all she ended the day in a good mood.

It's funny the first few days with a new child, getting tested. I started her on three warnings... in the bathtub today and she got kicked out because shes not listening and once again testing me. I think she is learning quickly though that I mean what I say... and am fair with giving her enough chances. Her problem is she gets so heated so quickly that she starts whining and screaming before you can even talk. This is when I tell once shes ready to have a conversation she can let me know. It seems to be working well!

I'm going back to the bank tomorrow to give the rest of my information and to talk to Aaron and hopely see if he and his FREINDS are doing anything this weekend... its funny my desire to make friends isn't as strong as i'd thought it would be. I just think im so content with my friends and home and know that this is temporary that I'm not in a huge rush to meet new people. My friend Rita is buying her plane ticket here today so she is coming mid-september and that will be nice because then we will have eachother. But I dont necessarily want to make many friends because I'm enjoying relaxing and not being so busy... It will be nice to have Rita because she will be a tourist as well and want to do the same things as me (and she will have a flat in London that I can stay at on weekends!)

I have also made a list of different festivals and places I to visit but I have yet to decide which ones I'm going to do this weekend!

Hope you all had a good labour day... see that I was the only one doing Labour!

Much Love

1 comment:

kt said...

Jenny, it certainly sounds like you could handle the 'tough' boys at the addiction treatment centre I'm working at!
Also, if it makes you feel any better, I had to 'labour' today as well, some holiday eh?
Sounds like England is treating you well, much love, xoxo.