Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Driving me Mad

(Okie I tried to attach a video today and was unsuccessful: Sorry)

Daniel has informed me that people want me to post more... which I found odd. I try to do it every couple of days and if I was you guys I'd be annoyed by my meaningless stories, but dont get me wrong I'm very glad you all read them and enjoy the feedback :)

Yesterday was my WORST day here thus far... and I must say I'm glad it's over!

It's funny because as a teacher you will always have students in your classroom that are ridiculously annoying but you get a small pleasure in the fact that after the bell rings they are no longer yours. Well, as Olivia is getting into her normal routine at home with me she has become one of those students and now as a teacher I have to deal with the home side of the annoance (ironically enough she is perfect at school and saves it all for me).

Now, dont get me wrong, she is a sweet child who like anyone is just looking for acceptance and love, but she has been taught a certain way to act to get what she wants i.e. whining and tantrums and I don't accept that... thus to her I am the enemy at the moment.

Yesterday I was having an emes day all on my own so when it was time to get back to work I didn't have much left in me... and boy did she take all I had. Liv and I have tons of fun together when we are being friends but as of now she is having difficultly finding the medium between "Jenn the Friend" and "Jenn the Adult", and thats when our mini wars start. Bella is such a pleasing child and if she has a tantrum its for about 2 minutes, where as at the present moment Liv drags everything on and whining is the only language she speaks. My day contained yelling, crying, kicking, hitting and telling me she wishes her old nanny was still here. All things I know aren't true but with the day I had before our war it didnt help.

However, yesterday is over and today has begun.

This morning was another mini war with me getting kicked... but I've started using "Serious Mean Jenn" voice and she stops! I can only hope that tonight will not be a reoccurance of yesterday!

Bit by Bit I will get spoilled whiny Olivia into the Nice, Kind, Friendly girl she is capable of being.

I feel for her... everything is new, and she has been taught this is the way to get attention, so with me trying to teach her to act appropiately she must change what has worked for her for so long :(

Wish me Luck,
PS. I meet another potential friend... a girl this time, she another au pair from Russia!
PSS. I went to the bank today and Aaron wasn't there lol... maybe a friendship with a young chap isn't meant to be (Dan you can be Happy!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn so glad you are able to look at your day from hell in a better light hope each day with Olivia gets easier xoxoomom