Monday, March 16, 2009

FREE HUGS and St. Patricks Festival

Hello All,
Before I start out on my weekend events I will start off wishing you all a festival Patties Day, Im sure when most of you read this it will either be the 17th or later so HAPPYS PATTIES DAY ALL, hope you all enjoy yourselves drinking green beer, and celebrating with the best of the IRISH! Matilda, Kylie and I celebrated on Sunday after we had a very humbling afternoon in the sun. Sunday was the highlight of my weekend, althought Saturday night Rita, Amanda and I had a great night at Zoo Bar celebrating Amanda (Rita's roomie from University) welcome to London. It was tons of fun but it was an early night considering they were flying out to Madrid at 6am Sunday morning.

Sunday we had the best weather to date I think, it was gorgous and Matilda and I met up early to head to the St. Patricks day parade and festival but got side tracked by the weather and headed for a nice relaxing morning in Hyde Park, we planned on catching the festival later since it was on till 6!

BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY WEATHER



We started off just sitting in the park and decide that we needed some wine, and since London is glorious you can just go to your local TESCO and bring alcohol into public places... like the PARK! So Matilda and I just sat enjoying eachother company until we saw... Stuwart the FREE HUGS original! We went a got our free hugs and then started a conversation with him and he ended up letting me see how it feels to give free hugs... and my conclusion = it feels GREAT. Two hours later Matilda, Stuwart, Bill (the guy below) and I had to part ways because we were an hour and a half late for meeting with Kylie at the festival in Trafalger Square. But back to the hugs, at first I was nervous at the type of characters you get hugs from but the amount of creepy people definately size up to nothing when compared to all the people whos days you make just by giving them something as simple as a hug. Only really odd guy I got was like my 3rd or 4th hug and he asked if I was giving FREE SEX as well, and I said no just hugs, and he trumped me by saying so you charge for SEX are you a prostitute then... then we got into a philisocial conversation about sex and how society doesnt associate sex with love anymore and therefore he didn't believe my rational to not giving him free sex, buts thats just where my great wit comes in, haha! I hugged all sorts of people from homeless people, to the elderly, to children and then just anyone who wants an extra hug. We were lucky enough to have people share their stories with us or who/where they are from. One woman told us about St. Amma who is the Saint of Hugs and people line up in thousands to hug her and she said the experiences is heavenly. To another woman who was on vaction from Germany and she said she was taking my heart back with her, to a teenage boy who wanted to stay in London because of Speakers Corner (the location in Hyde Park where we were giving Hugs, its also the same place I wrote about a while back where people stand on stools talking about anything). At the end of our afternoon, we said our goodbyes and gave our last hugs and told Stuwart and Bill we'd be back next Sunday to join them... maybe even bring our own signs.

TRY GIVING FREE HUGS
it was honestly one the greatest experiences



Finally after being over an hour late and the WORST FRIENDS EVER, Matilda and I met up with Kylie for the festival. Once again me loving the drinking rules in the city, for the festival you were aloud bringing your OWN alcohol in, they just gave you the plastic glasses for it! We spent about an hour there listening to the live music and then head out to find Nancy's, a pub with a sign that said "Gorgous People this Way" hahaha and we just thought it was calling our names! We ended up spending upwards of 4 hours here talking to James and Nancy the owners, and James was teaching us all these different things about alcohol, and was letting us try different kinds, and gave us drinks for cheaper. It was a very cool locals pub, well locals and cool immigrants (thats us!) However, I didn't get home until like 11, and I am sorry to all those people I was suppose to have online dates with but I was pretty inebriated by the end of it all!


HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY ALL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Jenn, so glad you had a good time on Sunday, love the picture of you and your wine in the park looks like fun.xoxomom