Monday, January 12, 2009

Weeding out Consumerism

Its Monday and my first weekend back was a good one, had a lot of fun hanging out and catching up with everyone.

After work on Friday night I took the DLR over to Ritas house and from there we went to the Docklands (the line of bars by the Thames that we went to the first night Rita was here) and we went to a bar that Silivio recommended Bar 38. The bars along the Docklands are all pretty swanky because its right by Canary Wharf the business center of London and all the men and woman go there to unwind after work with their briefcases and suits. It as really cool actually the bars open early but close at like 12 and then everyone heads somewhere else, and the crowd is older than all the other places we went... since the drinking age is 18 usually the club crowds are younger but this was all people our age or older which was a nice change. So Rita and I got drinks and found a spot to sit and catch up about our holiday and then the people sitting by us started talking to us: Fran, Mark, Tommy and William. We spent the rest of our night with them and they have not invited us to their housewarming party on the 24th (Fran and Mark just moved in together).

Saturday we really didn't have any plans and we spend most of the morning lazing around and planning our next trip... which is on January 30 - Febuary 1st and we are heading to BERLIN!

Sunday Rita and I met up early on Oxford St., January and August are when all shops have sales and so we went to check them out. Now I had told myself I was not going to be a consumer any more partly because its totally uneccessary but also because there is no way I am going to be able to pack all this stuff home in the end. But then again it is me and my favourite store had 50-70% off of everything, but Im proud I only spend 16 pounds and I bought a BEAUTIFUL new skirt and to shirts that can be worn with jeans or tights! While we were in town we received a text from Silv and he had a friend coming done from Italy and they invited us out for dinner at their favourite Spanish place in Greenwich and it had GREAT tapas and sangria!

It was a good end to a nice weekend!
Hope it was nice in Canada <3

No comments: