Monday, January 26, 2009

Low Key Weekend

This weekend was unexpectingly low key... but thats aloud because FRIDAY we leave for BERLIN, which has a huge reputation for being a party place!!! WOOT WOOT can you tell i'm pumped!

Friday I babysat the girls while Sara went to a dinner party with the other woman who are on Isabellas nursary committee. It was fine, i dont mind babysitting Fridays because by the time they roll around I'm exhausted. But Thrusday me and the girls went to The George, this is becoming a Thrusday night ritual. So Matilda, Kylie, Ula, myself and these two new au pairs we met came out. Matilda had been joining Au Pair meeting groups and such and doing a great job at recuiting new friends lol, there was one from Germany and one from France, they were both 21 and seems cool enough so we hopefully will get more chance to meet them this Thrusday. I really enjoy getting together with the girls on Thrusday its a nice relaxing break after working all day and they are all fun. We are trying desprately to plan weekend stuff but everyone has such busy schedules hardly any of us have the same days free... but we did make plans for Feb 13 - 15th weekend so its something to look forward to. They can all be my Valentine seeing that i'm away from my man!

Saturday Rita and I re-planned our trip to the British Museum because we wanted a cost free day because we were going to the house party at night. This museum is HUGE... there is so much to see we mainly explore Greece and Rome and we went on a free eyeopener tour of Early Ancent Eygpt that was very interesting. Our guide was a volunteer and I liked this best because she was so interesting in teaching us! The had mummy remains of a man who because he was burried in the Redland in the desert where its so hot the sand preserved his body and he even had HAIR left of him. Then there was bones from another person remains and this person was preserved as well because he was burried in a wooden grate and therefore the sand couldnt preserve his body and the bacteria from his inside decayed his remains. They also had the tumb on Cleopatra! It was VERY COOL, we are hoping to go back again to see the other part, because althought it is all very interesting undoubtablely my ADD kicked in and I got bored and hungry!

So Saturday night was our big house party to attend however the British Friend Gods weren't on our side and we never made it. Londons public transportation was against us and all access to there area of town were down (ie. tube, bus, and DLR) and then when we called a cab it never came and so by 11 we gave up seeing that the party started at 7 =S but Rita and I had a good night together watching 2nd Season Finalle of Greys! But don't worry I message Fran (the girl whose house it was) and we are going to arrange drinks again soon so the potential friendship is still kicking.

Sunday we also took in easy because Rita was sick and because we planned our Berlin trip all morning! I love planning trips it make its so real and it gets you so pumped for the FUN!

Catherine I hope you had a good Birthday Friday Night!
<3

1 comment:

Kayla said...

dude! im sorry if i was suppose to be on skype this morning, cause i definitely wasnt :S my bad...anyway, have FUN in berlin this weekend, and skype next wednesday 9am my time?
be safe and have fun!