Monday, November 10, 2008

I Heart E.S.L.

Hej Everyone! (thats Hey in Swedish... im becoming so cultured haha)

Hope you all had a nice weekend, I did despite the fact that its been typical England weather for the last week... which includes random changes from sunny to rainy to windy to all around shitty, but I learnt early on that here you just have to get on with your day because if you wait for the weather to be nice you won't be doing anything EVER.

I was out all weekend which was nice, I left Friday at 7:00 and didn't return home till Sunday at 5:00. Friday night I headed to Ritas so we could go out the Matildas birthday together and of course even heading to her house was an adventure, we never get a break here, but I can't really blame this one on bad luck. Rita and I (mainly me) have decided that we are no longer tourists and we are now locals, and with this decision I give myself a sense of confidence in getting myself from point A to B without assistance from a map and it got me in trouble on Friday. I was suppose to catch the D7 bus to Ritas house but 277 came around and I thought I could take it and needless to say I way wrong... so I got very lost and Ritas lovely roommate Silvio had to come and resuce me. Once the three of us got to their crib we had a few drinks and then headed out to WalkAbout in Covent Gardens for Matildas brithday, we told Dan (the America from before who came down this weekend) to meet us there by 11. When we got there no one was to be found, and we were a little nervous that this was the bar Matilda picked because there was no dance floor and it was more of a pub thats a club. Come 12 we got a call from Matilda saying she had arrived and she was asking where we were, at that very moment the lights turned on and WalkAbout was closing... Now Covent Gardens and Leicester Square are about 10 mins apart and we went to the wrong WalkAbout. So after all that we headed to Leicester Square WalkAbout which was much BIGGER and NICER and we found Matilda and everyone and got our dance on. WalkAbout was a great bar, it played all the classic oldie hits that one would find at a trailer dance: Cotton Eyed Joe, ABBA, Jackson Five and all the greatest hits... LOVED IT! However since we were over an hour later than we told Dan to be there we couldn't find him and we felt so bad, but luck was on our side and come 1:30 Dan came back to the bar and we danced the night away.

Now Saturday Morning was the Lord Mayor Show Parade that they have for Bon Fire Night which was Wednesday and it started at 11, but since we didnt get home till 4 we opted out and slept the day away. Saturday we spent the day with Ritas roomies Silvio and Marius who are both from Romania and are hilarious. The four of us send our time just laughing at the other culture slangs or language difficulties. Now I think these stories are hilarious and thus I'm going to tell you but Im warning you ahead of time that Dan didn't think is was as funny so I hope that it wasn't a "you had to be there sort of thing".

E.S.L. Lesson:
1. Silvio was trying to describe an infant and didnt know the word and he called it a "Fresh Baby" hahaha
2. We were talking about how in Sweden the word for Chef is Cock and he said is Cock what you call a "Husband of a Hen" hahaha LOVE IT

Canadian Slang they Love:
1. I told them I owned a video and they loved it so now we always say "Own It"
2. and they make fun of our positivity and now they make fun of us for saying "Best Ever" because to them nothing can ever be the Best and Ever in the same sentence.

(let me know if you find it as hilarious as I do)

So the four of us decided we'd go to the fireworks and have a BBQ afterwards. We all headed to the Blackheath fireworks that were on at 8 and they invited a few other Romania friends. The fireworks were amazing it was the longest fireworks show ive ever seen, and they played music to them (something I think columbia lake should think about). Surprisingly they had some firework I have never seen before. After the show it was cute because Silvio thanked Rita and I for taking them because on his own they would have never went and he hasn't seen fireworks in over 5 years. CRAZY

Then we went back to their house and we had a BBQ and drinks. Now I tired to remember what the drink was called because its the best drink I have ever tasted and Silv makes it for Rita and I every time I come but I've forgotten :(, but its Vodka, fresh lime and strawberry or kiwi, brown sugar and crushed ice. GLORIOUS. We spent the night playing Wii and I decovered I am pretty much the best Wii player EVER.

Sunday Rita and I went to Covert Garden to the market and walked around Trafalger Square and Westminster for some photo opts seeing that when either of us have gone we were alone and didn't have a picture partner. But seeing that my cameras flash isn't working (if anyone knows how to fix that help a sister out) all the pics are on Ritas camera and shes having computer difficulties so they can't be uploaded, so your poop out of luck.

And so ya thats pretty much my weekend in a nut shell... a big one, and I'll keep you posted on other life adventures.

Hope you had a good weekend <3
Staying Happy (keeping away from my old friend emo)

1 comment:

Dina said...

I'll admit it...I definitely did "laugh out loud" to the FRESH BABY story. I like it! Haha