Sunday, November 23, 2008

Abbey Road

baking the best cookies ever... they were like reverse chocholate chip yum yum

outside of abbey road studio just after we signed the wall

recreating the abbey road album cover, the best we could

Even thought I've been here for over 3 months today was the first day I've managed to suceeded at a life goal of mine: which was going to abbey road. Rita and I have a list of things to do here and even thought we do something new EVERY weekend it was only this weekend I got to live the dream of going and recreating the picture and I had a blast taking it all in. Its funny when you think about it really its just a street and a building (that your not allowed in) but it encompasses so much meaning. It was the definiate highlight of the weekend!!!

Friday night wasn't so much fun tho... it was a hard day in the Jack family household for me. Olivia bent the necklace that dan bought me before I left and thus I was in a horrible mood. So it was the first time since I've been here that I cried infront of Sara. It all kind of got to me and I had a break down but then I also found out that South Woodford isn't a nice spot during the Christmas holidays... because its a more swanky side of town the people from the poorer areas come shopping in town. On monday the house across the street from us was broken into and then when David went to pick up Sara from the station on Friday they interupted a car jacking! So Friday was kind of event overload, but don't feel bad/scared for me... i'll watch my back and my neck <3

Saturday, Rita was so nice and joined me in babysitting. We decided to bake reverse chocholate chip cookies with the girls and they were honestly the best damn cookies I've ever made! Then once the girls were in bed we made a very romantic dinner including chicken parmasan and pesto pasta and yummy cookies for dessert, and we spent the night in watching CHRISTMAS movies.

David has been on holidays all last week, then the week before that his mom was home and the week before that he was on holidays again and today was his LAST day of holidays and althought he was sad I am honestly joyful! I am so excited to be alone with the girls at night again. Its really weird having him or anyone else around when your responsible for thier kids, for two reasons: one being the fact that they are there parents and thus the girls dont listen to me at all, and two because I dont know what im incharge of or what they are. This especially comes into play because they dont punish the girls... its more like the girls run the house but with me they get punished but its really awkward punishing someone elses kids infront of them! So it will be nice to get back to it just being the 3 of us.

DECEMBER IS IN ONE WEEK!!! have a good last week of november.

No comments: