Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The World is our Oyster

(note pictures for this weekend to come... still waiting on Rita *hint hint*)

This weekend was full of beautiful British weather, which suprisingly we have been getting a lot, Sara says its giving me a false perception of Britian! None the less it was hot and sunny getting to a high of 23 Sunday.

Saturday I was babysitting the girls all day, we spend the afternoon in the park with a nice picnic ending with ice cream from the local shop. I was free from babysitting duty at 6:00 and I got together with Rita and some new girls (girls Rita has met that live in Greenwich with her that are teachers as well). We all headed to central london to go to a new bar called SOUND. We went here for dinner and dancing. SOUND was 5 floors and 3 of which were open, the 3rd and 4th floor were house music and the 5th was where the resturant was which then turned into the R&B floor. 5th floor was my favourite for music but it was the smallest and all the guys were way to agressive. It was a really fun bar but all the guys were Polish or Serbian and thought that they were all God's gift to Girls... SO NOT THE CASE. By the end of the night I was no longer polite to the guys and would just flat out push them away. It was here that I really missed having my boyfriend with me <3

To end the night with true drunken fashion we went to McDonald... it was the first time i've been since i've been here and I will not be going back anytime soon. Its crazy that althought its McDonalds it wasn't the same greasy food I was expecting. The only options you had for chicken was the McChicken which is the worst one in Canada but I still ordered it and was even more grossed out by England McChicken that I am by the Canadian one, which is hard to believe. Instead of using the McDonald sause it their sause was like a tartur sause ON CHICKEN ewww it was gross and not what I was hoping for in my drunking munchy state.

Sunday Rita and I had another relaxing Sunday... which I am starting to LOVE. We went to Greenwich park which was beautiful. It is also the location of the Prime Meridian which was kinda cool to stand on. We went to the Queens House which is a art gallery in Greenwich and met Dan (a guy who is going to School in Holland and he is from California) and we started talking to him and ended up inviting him to our thanksgiving dinner we were going to have at the Canadian bar "The Maple Leaf ". We parted our ways with Dan and continued on the the Greenwich market and headed to Covent Gardens. At 7:30 we met up with Dan for dinner and drinks. The Maple Leaf was AWESOME, it was so Canadian, Rita and I got a plater that had poutine, BBQ wings and nachos! It was so weird to see the hockey game on, since I haven't seen hockey once since i've been here I thought that it was a taped game they just played because it was a Canadian Bar but then I used my common sense and realize it was a real game haha. I actually enjoyed watching it, it was the Red Wings game. Althought The Maple Leaf provided us with all Canadian Stereotypes it was still very comforting. It was a good way to spend our Thanksgiving, even though we didnt get turkey :(
From there we went to SOHO to find another bar, and we landed in a Hocka (sp) bar and we sat outside smoking out of a Hocka... (note: i dont really count it as smoking because its not a cigarette and you don't inhale) but none the less it is not a typical 'Jenn' activity, but I enjoyed myself.

The best part is that Dan is in Holland until the middle of January, and hes a half an hour away from Amsterdam and his university has guess dorm rooms that he can book and he said we could come and stay there for FREE. So Rita and I are going to look into go in November seeing that its the only month we could go. HOW EXCITING, i love making friends around the world!

And now its tuesday and Livy has been home sick the last two days... and so have I :(
It isn't the funnest thing because when your sick you want to take care of yourself and you can't really do that when you have a 2 and 6 year old to watch after. However, I'm doing everything I can to get better for Friday because its SPAIN weekend WOOT WOOT!

I'll post my pictures once I get them :)
LOVE YOU ALL

Post Scribe:
SARA GOT HER HOLIDAYS AND I GET TO COME HOME DECEMBER 18TH AND MOST LIKELY STAY AT HOME UNTIL THE WEEKEND AFTER NEW YEARS, SO IM HOME FOR OVER TWO WEEKS!!!
THAT WAS THE BEST NEW EVER TO GET WHEN YOU SICK =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenn, I'm disappointed you actually went to McDonalds. That is so not a Thanksgiving thing to do.xoxomom