Monday, October 27, 2008

everybody's working for the weekend




Today was the first day of our mid-term holiday and we had a GREAT day!

We started the day with going to the park for a fall photoshoot because for Christmas we are going to frame some nice pictures of livy and bell for their parents... and we had way to much fun (look at them all on facebook). Then we met Matilda and her girls for a teddy bear picnic on a huge roundabout by their house with tons of trees, and to end the day we went to Tumble in the Jungle (a childrens play place smaller than kidzone with Kylie and Matilda and their girls). Oh how i love the nanny network!

Tomorrow we head to Central London for the Museums!

This weekend was fun, Saturday Matilda and I went to the O2 Arena which is like a little village of resturants and little quiet classy bars and went to a free New Orleans Festival. It was really relaxing which was exactly what I needed because I was hungover from Friday. Friday we went to The George a local cheap bar with Matilda, Rita and Kylie and we ended up meeting these 3 guys who live just down the street from our house so after the bar we went over to thier place to chill and they had a trampaline and it was loads of fun. The plan is to hopefully hang out with them more and get some new friends... if it happens those will be my first offical ENGLISH friends because everyone else immigrated over here.

Sunday we (Matilda, Rita, Sonja, Kim and Suzanne) were going to go for a nice walk around London Bridge but it was raining so instead we hit up the Albert and Victoria Museum for a tour and Harrods. Oh My, if you dont know what Harrods is, its a HUGE department store that is way to expensive but such an experience. There are 6 floors all together and it sells all the brand names... we saw a purse for 2000 pounds. My favourite part was looking at the jewlery haha and dream and on the second floor there is a place called Christmas World and its a whole room thats open year round and its all CHRISTMAS... it was perfect. There was a section for pets and there was actually a dog bed with dog sheets, comforter and pillows... it was rediculous. Then we headed back to Ritas house because she found a new place to live and its so nice and Matilda and I were soo jealous. After we relaxed at her house we head to Brick Lane and new place which I loved. It was so chill and market/underground ish.... it reminded me of the Black Market in Toronto kinda, it will definitly be a place I want to explore in the day time because it was a little dauge. We went to a tea/hookah shop and I fell in love with loose tea. So next weekend Rita and I are going to go to Camden and get me a tea egg and loose tea leaves.
Man I live for my Weekends... Rita and I are in the works for Amsterdam plans :)

Observations....
It is kinda freaky, everyday I see tons of people who remind me of people back home, whether they be friends, family, neighbours or randoms... but none the less its a daily occurance. It really makes you wonder if all those stories you hear as a kid could be factual, like the only think that makes people look different are where their ears are placed... or that everyone has someone identical to them somewhere else in the world hahaha
Now I KNOW they are false but I has actually gotten to a point of being a little creepy. Lol and it makes me feel creepy because I just sit on the tube staring at people.

Anyways Bye =)

No comments: