Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cookie Monster

Today for Olivia's reward for her positive reinforcement chart we got to bake cookies!

On Sunday we decided we were going to make the swirl cookies in her Kid's Cook Book because she had never made them and we got to bake them today. We made Chocolate and Blue swirls, we had tons of fun doing and it was so nice to have a good afternoon with her. Its days like this that make me appricate our times. No matter how much trouble Livy is at so time when shes being good we have great times. After we ate dinner we all got 2 cookies and she said they were very nice! WOOT WOOT, even though I burnt the first batch. We saved some dough for her and Sara to make some tomorrow and when we were putting her to bed she said she was excited to bake with mommy cause she knows how to cook and she won't burn them like we did... but the point of that story is she said "we" and she didn't blame it on me!

She Likes Me.... She Really Likes Me!


(we put flour on our face to look like we were working hard... we may have went a bit over board)

Matilda and I have been talking about accents a lot lately, because althought she has always noticed the difference between English and North American I am now slowly noticing it. It has made me wonder if now that I noticed the differences will I start thinking that how I saw words sounds inproper as well. To the folk here I sound lazy because I said "d's" instead of "t's"... and now that I notice it, it will be interesting to see if I adapt my accent. At first Matilda used to point it out, then I started noticing it when someone else was talking and then today on the way to nursary with Liv I noticed a word I said that I can't remember now that I used "d" instead of the "t" that was in it, and it sounded wrong as I said it.

Oh man I'm becoming a Brit.

Cherrio.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn so glad to see you and Olivia enjoying baking cookies together.P.S. I noticed we didn't get to see a picture of your cookies is there a reason for that???They look great in the cook book as long as they tasted good looks doesn't matter right?
xoxomom