Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Plage

This weekend while my home friends were off on the third annual Stead Camping trip my entire friend circle here was hit with the plage. Otherwise known as the common house flu. But Ive become sennsible since Ive moved to London - see at home I'd get on with it, go out party and end up catching the flu myself. BUT since Im here and Im leaving for VACA in less than 2 weeks I DIDNT WANT TO FLU so i suffered in person exile this weekend - for the most part, but I found a few new friends along the way.

Friday however was a good time, It was Nadjas 20th birthday so Matilda and I along with EIGHT other Sweds hit that up. Needless to say I found myself lost on occasion amist there language. But I stood my ground and forced them to speck English. It was funny after being there for about 5 minutes one of the them was like wait your not British... Ive just noticed that! I personally dont think I sound British, but I used to catch myself saying things and words that were "British" but now Dad and Dan and other point it out and I dont even notice that its come out... Matilda even said I said Toronto differently last week hahaha so I wonder if you all will notice. Im assuming you will and then ill get called out on in and it will get annoying so Ill force myself to loss it but I kinda dont want to - I enjoy having a splash on Brit in my vocab!

Saturday was a write off - we thought Rita had Swine but she just had a regular flu, and then Matilda had it too and Kylie is in Australia so my main friends that I out source from were down for the count so I stayed aroundng home and went shoppig a little. And this is where i got the idea for new friends... ie., Harry, Ron and Heromine! Matilda, Sheena (her host mom) and family invited me to see Harry Potter 6 with them thrusday so I had to do some catching up. Ive seen them all but scattered through out the years so I watched 1 - 4 and still have to catch 5 before thrusday and Im ready to go!

Sunday Matilda was feeling a bit better so we went out for lunch because I was going CRAZY in my room. Then we went to see My Sister Keeper - such a sad movie but the book is better. Id suggest anyone who liked the movie to read the book!

I cant believe its my last full week of work, and its funny that it has still yet to be mentioned by Sara at all. I guess come Wednesday Ill just say bye as I walk out to door... we shall see!

<3
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CASSIE AND JEFF
<3

No comments: