Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lets the Festivities Continue



Canada Day in Traflger Sqaure was THE BEST!!!
It was packed with tons of people - mostly Canadians but tons of other people just joining in the celebrations. Matilda, Rita and I went and on the tube ride to the party I took the opportunity to teach Matilda the words to O'Canada and I must say she was a brillant student and even joined in singing the atheme at the end of the night! It was sweet we were able to bring in our own alcohol but just no glass container so I was double fisting with two large plastic cups of wine and I didnt like having two so needless to say I was drunk quickly to eliminate the need to carry around cups lol. It was fabulous met people from Windor, Toronto, Vancover, Dundas all over the place. I met this one bloke who lent me his Canada flag (see photo above) and I was rockin that for a while! Great night, after it ended at 10 we went to Convent Gardens and listen to a busker in the square until it was time to head home! BEST CANADA TO DATE <3

Now on to this weekend, the sun stuck with us and is still shining bright despite what the weather man has been saying for the last 5 days!
Saturday Rita and I started our day early with a visit to Borough Market - an all FOOD market MmMmM its amazing and it was sad to say goodbye too like ive been doing with all my fav. markets =(
From there we went to Oxford St. to watch the Pride Parade. I was actually disappointed in it, I thought it would be better than Toronto but it wasn't however I was proud to say ours is better. However they did have Boy George at their but meh we have some D List celebraties too hahaha ;)



After the parade Rita and I went to Primark for one of our last time :( thats the sadest hahaha and then headed home to babysit for the night. We packed our lunches and had a really nice dinner and she went home for a good night sleep before our FESTIVAL!!!

Sunday was the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park. We were aloud in at 12:00 and the music started at 2:00. I was a little out of my element because Sunday was the R&B day but I embrassed the black girl in me and represented. I was also in heaven because there were so many black guys hahaha However I felt like a fool busting a move because there all so chill hahaha and im a white girl with no R&B rthyme but meh I had a blast. Ritas sister Franca bought us t-shirts from Canada with the Kayne glasses on them and we represented! (see pic below)



We saw a bunch of bands: Young Jeezy, Q-Tip, Alesha Dixson, Kid Cudi, The Noisettes, Flow Rida (kinda), the dance group Diversity and KANYE WEST!!!
The Noisettes were my personal fav., besides Kayne of course and we didnt really get to see Flow Rida because he was inside a tent and it was to packed and when we tried to get in i basically lost a rib and couldnt breath and some girl had to help me and move the gate before i passed out hahaha because sercurity was useless. Kayne was great but he thinks hes gods gift and had naked girls as assessories and by no means am i feminist but i wasnt a fan! Also the people were a little intense Rita and I bitched out a few people because we werent about to be walked all over and pushed about, she was actually proud of me because usually im a push over haha! But people were also threwing bottles around and i got pinged a bunch of time but we made friend with the people around us while we waiting so it was cool. My fav. songs were American Girl, Jesus Walks and Gold Digger OF COURSE... of and Stronger which he ended with! I love the athmosphere of festivals and was so glad we got attend this one. Everyone did a MJ shout out of course but it made me sad that we are missing out on him next thrusday =(
(pic below is how close we were to Kayne - not zoomed)




The countdown continues TWO MORE WEEKS OF WORK!
THEN HOLIDAY AND HOME!
Ive been a little sentimental lately with Rita and Matilda especially because Im gonna miss my Swed <3

See you all Soon!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

wow only two weeks of work left for ya! glad to hear you are still living it up over there jenn...sending you my love!
k