Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Potential Friend

Today has been a good day so far, mainly because I meet a potential friend :) I know it seems kinda sad when a potential anything is the highlight of my day but after spending 5 days and your only outsource of company is a 2 year old a friendly face is always nice to see.

This potential friend is named Aaron... he was my banker at Barclays today. I had an appointment to set up an account and it was nice to see that my appointment was with someone who was roughly the same age as me. The entire banking process took about an hour... so we had a good time chatting. Through out the entire processes he found out my birthday was coming up and when he left to fill out some paper work he had come back with a birthday card! Inside he said happy birthday oviously and gave me his number. During our convo I asked him whats good to do in London and explained I was going Saturday... and when I was leaving he said if I ever want to know more about London to just stop by, or give him a call.

(NOTE: I LOVE YOU BABY)

Although to some this may seem minimal but to me it was the first person my age that I have had a conversation with since I've been here! Now all I have to do is think of a good way to take him up on his offer without looking desprite or interested in him. (if you have ideas let a sister know!)

Now its 4:11 here and Olivia and Jane (Saras Mom) still haven't arrived, Sara said they could come anytime between 3 - 6:00.

The other day Sara told me she noticed Izy was catching on to "North America" terms...
I guess Izy has been saying "um uh" instead of yes, something I would have never noticed seeing I say it all the time... but it was interesting that shes already catching on to words I use.

After my adventures here I am going to be the best house wife ever... even though I dont plan on being a house wife. I cook, clean, and iron! Actually I find it quite odd... Sara wants me to iron Izy clothes, I understand ironning Olivias seeing that she wears a uniform... but ironning a 2 year old clothes seems strange to me. Oh well because they are so little I dont mind... and if occupies my time. They also iron bedding... I dont find this as weird, but since I come from a house that rarely irons ANYTHING unless its a special occassion its all a little odd.

I miss everyone,
and Thank you all for being there when I have bad days!
Your love is appricated :)

1 comment:

Kit Courteney said...

Welcome to England!

We often call an umbrella a 'brolly' although, why, I have no idea!

Best wishes :0)